Tickets for next year’s Glastonbury Festival will go on sale in October then the event will take a break for a year in 2018, organisers have said.
Organisers confirmed the event will take its traditional fallow year following next summer’s festival – dispelling rumours that there were plans to hold the music extravaganza in another location.
Festival founder Michael Eavis previously said he didn’t really want to have a year without a festival, and claimed the event could be held somewhere else in 2017 or 2018.
But a statement on Glastonbury Festival’s website said: We can also confirm that we will be taking our next fallow year in 2018, in order to give the farm, the village and the festival team the traditional year off. There are no plans to hold an event at another location in 2018.
The festival last took a fallow year in 2012.
The first batch of tickets for the 2017 festival will go on sale on Thursday October 6 at 6pm for those buying coach packages.
General tickets will be released three days later – at 9am on Sunday October 9.
Last year’s initial release of 120,000 tickets were snapped up in in just over half an hour.
Those lucky enough to get tickets were treated back in June to performances by Adele , Coldplay, Muse and LCD Soundsystem.
Next year’s festival will take place from June 21 to 25.
News Source MirrorNews