A hospital has admitted wrongly giving a mum four rounds of chemotherapy which could have killed her.
Jodi Huggett, 41, suffered side-effects and twice went into anaphylactic shock. As a fifth chemo cycle loomed she felt so weak she researched her illness online.
She contacted experts at London’s Royal Free Hospital who told her chemo would not work on tumours of her kind.
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust has now agreed to pay damages to Jodi, a renewables company director.
She said: I was on my knees. I felt so poorly that I decided to look into my treatment myself.
The Royal Free told me chemo has never been proven to work on a tumour like the one I had and never will be. It was heartbreaking.
Jodi was advised to have chemo after a rare bowel tumour was removed at Castle Hill Hospital in Cottingham, East Yorks.
Medical negligence specialist Hayley Collinson, from Hudgell Solicitors, has represented Jodi.
She said: Mrs Huggett was put through extra pain and suffering. This is completely inexcusable and was completely avoidable.
News Source MirrorNews