Heartrending pictures show tiniest victim of air strikes in Syria

Heartrending-pictures-show-tiniest-victim-of-air-strikes-in-Syria

These heartbreaking pictures of babies being rescued after an air strike on a civilian neighbourhood show the horrors faced by children in the war-torn nation of Syria.

One shows a man carrying a wounded child following a barrel bomb attack in rebel-held Bab al-Nairab in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo.

At least fifteen civilians – among them eleven children – were killed in the crude but devastating attack carried out by the forces of tyrant Bashir al-Assad, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

It is not known if the children in the pictures survived.

Last week the picture of a dazed and bloodied little boy in the back of an ambulance went viral as a symbol of horror in Syria ‘s civil war.

Five-year-old Omran Daqneesh was one of five children injured during an air strike.

Eight people, including five children, were not so lucky and were tragically killed in the blasts.

The touching images of little Omran covered head-to-toe with dust and staring long into the distance, went viral as diplomatic figures call for a ceasefire.

A nurse who treated Omran at the scene said he didn’t shed a single a tear until he saw his mum and dad, who also survived the devastating attack.

They joined him at the hospital a short time after his arrival, ABC reported.

Abu Rajab from the Syrian American Medical Society said: “He didn’t say anything except to ask for his parents.

“Only then once Omran saw them did he start crying.”

Omran and his injured family were taken to M10, one of the few hospitals still operating in the region.

The United Nations has pushed for a weekly 48-hour pause in fighting in Aleppo to alleviate suffering for about two million people, but major powers back opposing sides in Syria’s five-year-old civil war, complicating its implementation.

Last week United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned of an unprecedented “humanitarian catastrophe” in Aleppo.

Hundreds of people have died in recent weeks as fighting for control of Aleppo – split between the government-held west and rebel-held east – has intensified.

Ban told the U.N. Security Council: “In Aleppo we risk seeing a humanitarian catastrophe unprecedented in the over five years of bloodshed and suffering in the Syrian conflict.

“The fight for territory and resources is being undertaken through indiscriminate attacks on residential areas, including through the use of barrel bombs, killing hundreds of civilians, including dozens of children.”

He also reiterated a U.N. call for at least a 48-hour pause in fighting to allow aid deliveries.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based war monitor, said heavy air strikes on Tuesday had hit many targets in and around Aleppo and elsewhere in Syria, killing dozens.

The US-led bombing raid had been targeting ISIS militants.

News Source MirrorNews

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use cookies to personalize your user experience and to study how our website is being used. Learn More About Cookies Okay I Got It