Boy, 16, in court over Alesha MacPhail death

Boy, 16, in court over Alesha MacPhail death

Alesha was reported missing from her home on the Scottish island of Bute at 6.25am on Monday and her body was found in woodland less than three hours later.

Detective Superintendent Stuart Houston praised Alesha’s parents for their incredible bravery during what he called an unimaginable ordeal.

He said Officers and staff from across Police Scotland and the Scottish Police Authority have been involved in what has been a difficult and challenging investigation during which they have worked tirelessly to bring us to where we are today.

Alesha vanished from a home in Rothesay where she was staying and was reported missing by her grandmother.

Her body was discovered by police in the grounds of an abandoned hotel around two-and-a-half hours later.

On Wednesday there was an increase in police activity at the property on Ardbeg Road where Alesha had been before she disappeared.

Several officers entered the garden with long sticks and searched the grounds.

Later, a recovery truck removed a black Dacia car from the rear of the house. It was the second car to be removed.

Officers have carried out house-to-house inquiries and conducted 24-hour high-visibility patrols to support the island’s 7,000-strong community.

It is understood that Alesha had been living in North Lanarkshire with her mother Genie Lochrane, who is separated from her father, during term time.

The home from which she went missing was occupied by her paternal grandparents and Alesha’s father Robert MacPhail.

She was a few days into a three-week break.

Alesha was remembered by a school teacher as as a friendly and happy child.

Wendy Davie, headteacher of Chapelside Primary School in Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, where Alesha had just finished her second year, said she was part of the family and would be greatly missed by pupils and staff.

She loved being at school and enjoyed all aspects of literacy, in particular writing, Ms Davie said.

She was such a perfectionist in her handwriting and was very proud of her work.

Alesha was very friendly and she welcomed everyone first thing in the morning at breakfast club. She was a very considerate child who loved being part of a group and she was popular with all the other children and was a smiley and happy young girl.

Family and friends of the girl have continued to place flowers and cards outside her home.

Police said the six-year-old’s family was devastated.

News Source SkyNews

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use cookies to personalize your user experience and to study how our website is being used. Learn More About Cookies Okay I Got It